We are North Carolina's green industry, a diverse and
vibrant industry that has a significant impact on the economy of
- The total economic impact of the NC Green
Industry in 2005 was $8.6 Billion.
- The total employment by the NC Green Industry
in 2005 was 151,982 jobs.
- In 2005, the NC Green Industry's total economic impact
exceeded that of NASCAR by over $3B and
the food service industry by over
- The NC Green Industry is the fastest growing segment of
agriculture in North Carolina.
- Greenhouse, Nursery and Floriculture Crops were the number one
crop in North Carolina in 2006 ahead of tobacco, cotton and
soybeans. This ranked 4th in the United States behind CA, FL and TX
with $893 million in sales.
- In 2006 North Carolina was number one in Christmas
trees production in the US with sales of $134M.
- Undergraduate turf management programs at NCSU named number one
in the United States by TurfNet Magazine
- North Carolina homeowner's average expenditure for lawn and
landscape services in 2005 was $838.00.
- Over 2.9 million North Carolina homeowners spent an average of
$718.00 for green goods, equipment and supplies in 2005.
Green Industry Nurseries and Allied Businesses
For more information about the North
Carolina Green Industry Council learn about our: